Santa Monica PAL is a 501(c)3 corporation with a non-profit Board of Directors. PAL is unique working model for a genuine public-private partnership. The City of Santa Monica covers staff salaries and facility expenses so that 100% of donations received can be devoted to program activities for youth. PAL has received grants from the National Police Activities League, Kiwanis Club of Santa Monica, Santa Monica Lions Club, and Rotary Club of Santa Monica to assist in annual funding.
However, funding is always in need to support the growing numbers of youth participating in PAL youth programs and fostering additional educations, recreational and cultural programs. Donations received by PAL fund projects like:
PAL Educational Component:
- Supports the Chris Carrey PAL Education Fund by providing college scholarships to high school juniors and seniors.
- Supports the Rick Crocker Memorial Fund by providing college preparation studies including SAT classes.
- Funds materials and supplies for K–12 educational programs; provides homework assistance and computer enrichment programs.
PAL Arts Enrichment Component:
- Provides stipends for artist-in-residence programs.
- Assists with fees for contractual arts programs that include painting, dance, and music.
- Includes programs that promote Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math (STEAM).
PAL Physical Fitness/Healthy Living Component:
- Fitness activities include water sports, bicycling, camping, hiking and running.
- Continue focus on nutrition classes and workshops.
- Continue to fund fitness equipment, required apparel for children (shoes, shirts), and stipends for class instructors.
All donations to PAL are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Checks should be made payable to:
Santa Monica Police Acitivites League
1401 Olympic Boulevard
Santa Monica, CA 90404